All repairs undertaken on the basis that you have read, understood and agreed to the below
1. We will not undertake work without permission that will exceed a previously agreed price. In the unlikely event we can't fix your gear we would normally not charge assuming you had described the fault reasonably accurately, should that not be so a fee for time spent maybe required. If it were a particularly complex job or one that might involve unobtainable parts, we would agree with you a charge should repair prove uneconomic or impossible. If it is only possible to partially fix your equipment within the budget, you set we will agree a partial charge with you.
All estimates, work requests and any other details discussed by telephone must be confirmed by email in order to be valid. We receive many enquiries, so it is in the best interests of both parties that there is a written record and agreement. Once we have sent you an estimate range via email bringing your equipment to us constitutes acceptance of that estimate range.
If we can repair your machine within the estimate range you agree to, we have started working on it and you decide not to proceed with the repair for any reason we reserve the right to charge for our time. If we cannot fix it within the estimate range, you have the right to tell us not to proceed and normally we would not charge, as long as you have described the fault and the condition of the machine reasonably accurately.
2. If your synth/drum machine has memories and has data, you wish to retain please save this before bringing the unit. Generally, the data will not be affected by servicing, but we cannot guarantee this and some operations (such as battery changes or some CPU board faults) will mean the loss of data is unavoidable. We will take all possible care to protect your data, but we cannot be held responsible for its loss
3. All repairs are guaranteed for 3 months, restorations for 6 months and are NOT transferable and cover the repaired fault only. Not transferable means that if for example you ask us to service a machine for sale you must satisfy yourself before selling it and within the period that you are happy.
Any warranty is void at the time you sell it even if the equipment is returned to you. We cannot accept a machine for warranty repair from you or the buyer as a result of the buyer being unhappy whether inside the period or not. We do this to avoid having to deal with a buyer who has totally unreasonable expectations and expects a vintage machine to be completely as new or buyers who are fraudsters. We also cannot control your or your buyers shipping or transit arrangement of such transactions.
4. The guarantee starts from the date you pick up or the machine is delivered to you NOT the date you first use it. We would usually expect (but cannot guarantee) the repair to last far longer. Any faults, which are different to the original repair whether inside the 3 months or not, will be regarded as new and will only be covered by a guarantee if repaired under a new (and Chargeable) repair.
Synths are complex and have many separate sections, to use an analogy, if you took your car to a garage to replace the wheels and the next week the engine failed, you would not expect that garage to replace the engine for free. If the car was 30 years old - even less so. If you ask us to service, your machine then this will obviously greatly improve its reliability and help to prevent future problems. With these machines however that does not mean that every single part of your keyboard is then covered by the warranty Only specific faults that we repair or components we replace are covered.
It is important to know the difference between servicing and restoration. If you wish us to fully restore your machine, then everything will be covered but this of course will be much more expensive. It is not possible in the scope of normal servicing to warrant the entire keyboard for the simple reason that these are vintage machines with all that implies. With keyboards of this age every part is many years past its service life so unless virtually every part is replaced 100% reliability simply cannot realistically be guaranteed no matter how much care and skill is put in to the repair or service.
If the fault is new, we may consider a discount on the new repair as a goodwill gesture but this is entirely at our discretion and without prejudice. Any cosmetic damage must be reported to us before leaving our premises (or within 24 hours if the equipment has been shipped to you). We cannot accept responsibility for any damage after this time.
Faults must be reported, and machines must be returned to us within the warranty period at the customers expense for warranty repair to be valid unless we agree otherwise by writing or Email. The customer is responsible for all shipping expenses. It is our decision to repair the machine or refund you. In any case we cannot issue any refund before the machine has been returned to us for inspection at the customers expense and within the warranty period. Any refund will not include any charges we have made for courier or driver delivery or collection. If you open your equipment or take it elsewhere for inspection or repair without our written or emailed agreement the warranty is void. Any work carried out under warranty does not extend that warranty.
5. If you choose to ship an instrument to us, we cannot be responsible for it arriving damaged. We cannot guarantee we will be on site to accept instruments shipped to us without prior notice of what day it will arrive, our agreement and tracking information.
All equipment is left with us at the customer’s own risk. it is very rare for damage to occur, but we do not accept liability for loss or damage in transit either to or from us by courier or by our representative. The customer accepts full responsibility for their equipment left at our premises or in transit by you or us to or from locations where the work is carried out.
We do not offer insurance against theft or damage to customer owned equipment, so it is the responsibility of the customer to ensure that adequate insurance is in place for their own equipment including cover for transit. All work is undertaken on the basis that you have such insurance.
6. Please note that timescales given are estimates. Whilst we do everything possible to meet estimates sometimes non availability of parts, complications with the job or other factors outside our control mean we cannot guarantee them, and we cannot accept liability for any losses due to delays
7. If we have informed you that your machine is ready or you wish to take it away and you do not collect within 2 weeks without our prior agreement we reserve the right to charge storage at £10 per day. If a machine is left with us for more than 3 months after we have informed you it is ready the warranty is void.
8. After 3 months we reserve the right to sell your machine to cover our costs if we have received no contact from you. We always try to be reasonable and understanding but we simply do not have the space to offer a free storage facility for extended periods of time.
9. We are proud of our reputation and It is very rare indeed that a customer is not satisfied. In that unlikely event we will work with you in a civilised way to reach a fair, reasonable and amicable solution and we expect you to do the same. We may offer a full or partial refund at our discretion if we consider that to continue working on a machine will not have a positive outcome and we reserve the right to refuse to continue working on a machine. We also reserve the right once a machine is out of warranty not to undertake further chargeable repairs, if we do not feel this would have a positive outcome.
In any case our sole liability will be to refund any charges we have made. In this case all warranties will then be void.
We will not be liable for ANY other losses of ANY kind.
Any repairs undertaken are on the basis that you have read, understood and agree to these conditions. These terms and conditions are subject to change without notice